As we all may know, Covid has affected the way we interact with people and has created a new norm for society. Our #capekids have moved from in person to virtual programming for the moment until things settle down.
Some of our virtual programming activities includes:
– Cooking with CAPE (A series led by professional chefs for youth to gain skills in the kitchen, learn about nutrition and make meals at home)
– Exploring Possibilities (virtual career days open to youth nationwide to inspire them to learn about careers or fields that may not know exist or how to pursue, with presentations and interactions with related professionals)
– Entrepreneurship (While the kids are inside, they can be creative and productive by learning how to start a business and what it takes to be a part of a team.
– CAPE Feeds DC (even in the midst of the crisis, we believe in giving back. We provided free lunch for various families and we will be working to facilitate lunches for essential workers)
– Fitness Fun (weekly workout sessions to keep their minds and bodies healthy)
– Book Club (we’ve sent out books to our #capekids to have literary fun and discuss in an engaging way through Zoom.)
– Girls Night/Boys Night (A night to talk, exchange thoughts and socialize with the peers and group leaders)